PORTRAIT SESSIONS - WHAT TO EXPECT
Once we book your appointment, here are some tips to prepare for your session!
Having your photo taken by a professional photographer can be a nerve wrecking experience no matter how comfortable you are in front of a camera. Whether you are worried about looking silly, or just wondering what to wear, I have compiled this simple guide to help clients know what to expect when they book a portrait session!
BEFORE YOUR SESSION
- Pick your outfit! If you need help deciding on an outfit for yourself or your family members, check out my Outfit Guide for inspiration, ideas and tips!
- Think about your location choices. A few questions that can help choose a location that best fits your needs:
- What activities do you or your family like to do in your free time?
- Do you have a location that is sentimental to you? A favorite park or area?
- Do you prefer city or nature?
- Would you like to include a pet? An activity or theme?
- How to pay: You have the option of paying for your session beforehand (recommended for convenience) or the day of. I will also have a short contract for you to sign online or in person.
TIPS TO PREPARE FOR YOUR SESSION
- Practice in front of a mirror!
- Watch a funny movie, or listen to something that puts you in a good mood!
- Do an activity that you enjoy, have fun!
- Eat a snack or light meal! Even though sessions are only around an hour long, low blood sugar and hunger can make children and adults grouchy, uncomfortable and tired. This will effect your photos!
- Bring along upbeat music that you enjoy listening to!
- Relax! Being photographed can be stressful, maybe you are feeling nervous? Just remember that feeling is normal, and one of the perks of hiring a professional is that you can sit back and let us do all the work!
AT YOUR SESSION
- If you have children being photographed please bring one of their favorite toys or snacks. This way they can remain entertained between shots!
- Please only bring along anyone who is being photographed. Extra people can be distracting and may actually make you more nervous! An exception being spouses, partners, or in rare cases an extra pair of hands to help with children.
- You can lock your purse, cell phones, and wallets in the car trunk of your car. I can carry around small items for you like car keys in my bag, I want your hands to be free during the session. Don’t forget to remove any hats, sunglasses or jewelry you do not want featured in your photos.
Have fun! I'll take care of making you look fantastic, so don't worry about a thing. I realize most people are not used to being in front of a camera, so I will be there giving plenty of direction.
You bring the smiles and good energy, I'll do the rest!
AFTER YOUR SESSION
Editing and processing of your images may take anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks depending on the time of year and style of your session. When your images are ready to be downloaded you will receive an invitation email directly from your online gallery, and a confirmation email. From your gallery you will be able to order prints, download digital images, and instantly share your session with family and friends via social networking & email.